Predictive dialer is an automatic dialing solution used in call center around the world, especially for the outbound campaigns. It works on a computer statistical calculation algorithms to dial the series of telephone numbers. Most importantly, it automatically keeps on adjusting its dialing patterns based on the number of people making the call, which are also referred as agents. Additionally, it screens and eliminates all the unnecessary and un-productive calls such as answering machines, fax tones, disconnected numbers, busy tones, etc., ensuring that the agents are connected directly to the live calls. Ultimately, it ensures that the call centers productivity is not hampered, and they are able to maximize their ROI.
The solutions and services offered by predictive dialers are mainly used for outbound campaigns such as telemarketing for products and services, payment collections, appointment confirmations, follow-ups, customer services, technical support and so on. However, the main objective is to increase talk time for the calling agents by making sure that they make as many connections with, likely customers as possible. Overall, predictive dialers have significantly increased the efficiency and productivity of many call centers around the world.
There are mainly three types of predictive dialer solution available in the market:
- Soft Predictive Dialer – It is a computer software application. The software uses various internet protocols, such as VoIP, SIP, etc. to make calls. This type of solution can be used by small telemarketing companies as it eliminates the cost and use of analog telephone or ISDN lines.
- Hard Predictive Dialer – It is a specialized telephony hardware dialer that detects the answering machines as well as determines various call progress. They are more accurate as compared to that of soft predictive dialers. However, only big company or enterprise can afford it as they are expensive and the cost of maintenance is higher.
- Intelligent Predictive Dialer – It is integrated with automatic voice messaging. It has all the functionalities like a regular predictive dialer, however when the dialer detects a person, it plays a recorded voice message first and then a live agent takes over the proceedings. The advantage of a recorded voice message is that it explains the nature of the call to the customer and enables them the option of whether to talk to an agent or not.
Few benefits of a predictive dialer:
- Manage the process of dialling for a long time.
- Filter calls such as no answer, answering machine, busy tone, fax, no signal, etc.
- Increase in efficiency and productivity of the company as the calling agents spent more time calling prospective customers rather than answering machine.
- Availability of integrated CRM (Customer Relation Management) software that enables to organize and better manage client’s information.
- They have a good ROI (Return on Investment) as it has the capability of reducing the overall expanses of the company in a short period of time.
- Can be easily deployed into an existing infrastructure.
- Has the facility to record all the calls for quality check.